A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Be Captivated

I'm still at work, still in creative thought mode. These things take more time when life seems to interupt more than I had planned.  I am thankful for the interuptions........The unplanned interuptions.
I've learned to welcome the disrupted schedule, the unexpected moments. I use to get frustrated all the time.....and I guess there are times I still do. But in those spontaneous moments are gems, precious nuggets of lessons to be learned. And I'm always learning, I never stop.................... learning I mean.

And there are those times that I still beat myself up over the things that I don't do with them. But that's not me talking........It's the words of the evil one filling the vulnerable spaces that I've left unprotected. It happened on the way home today. So many things I want to accomplish while they are all still under our roof.
And I almost fell for it. I almost bought into it. How do you get over the thought that you may be failing miserably............Get a pen and paper and write down all the things that you have accomplished through out your week and you will be amazed at the time well spent and the love freely given/ received.

1.Baking Cupcakes with my Girls
2. Reading to them
3. Open Door Sunday
4. Co-op
5. Hugging & Kissing every day
6. talking freely with each of them
7. Making dinner with my oldest girl
8. laughing with my Gentle Giant
9. Correcting my little man then snuggling with him
10. Rocking my baby
11. Just being here for them!
12. Bible time with the whole family
13. Teaching them
14. walking with them

And this is only Wednesday! :)

These are the books that I'm using for the Beatrix Potter unit study we are going to be doing soon. I also found a wonderful web site.  http://www.peterrabbit.com/

And by the way I have a bible verse for you if ever start to feel the way I did today......
Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”


Let Him captivate your every thought......Let Jesus captivate your every day..........

No comments:

Post a Comment