A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Monday, January 10, 2011

Let Your Roots Grow

And the saw dust flies..............
 Millions of tiny little pieces scattered about by the buzzing of the saw........
We thought the old tree was going to survive it.....But the bolt of lightning that shook the earth and rattled the picture frames, was more than it could handle. We left it standing for awhile because we still saw life on it's branches.
But below the ground, where we could not see. The roots that once reached so deep, had lost their grip and could no longer hold life. Then slowly, one by one the leaves took on the color of death and dropped to the ground.
and I started thinking......How deep are my roots? I mean when life comes crashing in like big bolts of lightning will they be strong enough to hold tight and not lose their grip? Will they know where to find life again? Will they drink endlessly from the well of life? Because when your faith is really put to the test.........
Words are strong when they are spoken. And when His WORD fills the eyes it strengthens my roots and holds my heart.   At times I am oh so anxious and I know I'm not suppose to be........I'm waiting for the lightning to come crashing in. I hold on to life (here) like I don't have life with The Gracious Life Giver (there).
and anyone who does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. Matthew 10:37
I come back to that verse often......when I need reminding, when I start to cling to this life and drop my cross. I come back to the Words written in RED. They are what my roots cling to because his WORD tells me....
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6
And my head races before my heart can slow it down.........because my head hears the lies but my heart knows the truth. The lies have no root, like a baby's tooth. but His truth has roots and they are strong. They dig deep, so deep that when bolts of lightning come crashing through life, they won't lose their grip, they will just dig deeper..........
This verse finds my eyes, fills my soul and slows my mind. And my roots are stretching ever so deeper into Him.

Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught in, and you will overflow with thankfulness.  Col. 2:7

No comments:

Post a Comment