A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Friday, January 21, 2011

Can I just Share?

I can't help but share....I'm on this journey, a journey like no other. And I've been down this road a time or two, or so I thought......
Always gaining, always losing. Never staying........Then I find these two books. If ever there were a book to change my thought process on how I take in food, this would be it.
I start on page one and my mind is like a sponge soaking it all in. I don't want to put it down. There is so much I haven't discovered. There is a whole other way to live. And it's not how you think. Food is not the enemy. Satan is, and he will use food to distract you away from the one thing you were made to crave......The one power that can help you conquer all the hurts and battles of life.

 Made To Crave by Lysa Terkuerst. It's a must get if you are struggling with food. If food is the comfort you seek instead of the Savior that seeks you.

The second book, well I've been wanting to read this book since before it's arrival....A Dare To Live Life Fully, One Thousand Gifts. By Ann Voscamp

What better way to go on this spiritual weight losing journey. To be thankful. To know how God wants you to live life. Now I'm not replacing my beloved BIBLE with these two books. My bible will be right there in the mix. Right there in the center of life, the center of this life.

After reading Made To Crave, I have discovered that my appetite for food was false. I wasn't really hungry. I was replacing my craving for something I did not need, for something that wasn't filling me up. I was never satisfied.

It's now 1:30 p.m and I'm usually in the kitchen looking to be filled. But now I truly have left my jar by the well. I thought I knew what that meant when I wrote that post, but now I believe God wanted me to see it another way. A way that I can see Him instead of the candy bar or the chips. The amazing thing is that post was written long before I ever heard of Lysa Terkuerst and her book. I love it when God puts things together like that.

I know this is only day 3 and I have a long road to travel, but I feel good, I feel strong this time. I feel different.......
I must give a shout out to my niece Hillary for showing me this App for my phone. It's called "lose it". It keeps track of all your calories for the day, and the exercise you may do through out your day. It's wonderful to see what you eat and how many calories you are taking in. It also lets you know how many calories you have left so you don't go over.

If you struggle with food like I do, won't you join me in this Spiritual journey. It's a journey I plan to stay with till He calls me home. Until He gives me my perfect body........

So this journey, I am remembering who I am. Because I am a Jesus girl that was Made to Crave something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment