A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It Does This Mama's Heart Good

 Last night I was doing some last minute things, things that should of already been done. It was 12:30 by the time I headed off to bed. But before my head had found my pillow, I decided to make one more peak into every door down the hall. And there at the end of the hall, Gentle Giant's room was all a glow. I was fixing to forget about my meek and quiet spirit.....I was ready to..................
And just as the Son warms the soul, nothing could of prepared my tired eyes for what they were about to see. This boy of mine had planned almost a year ago to read the Bible straight through. I thought he had given up.......You know how we all have good intentions, how I always have good intentions.

And there laying on his chest was the most precious book ever written. Resting in his hands, sleep had found his eyes, but before he fell asleep he let the living word fill his heart.

And it does this Mama's heart good. It warms my soul to know that he loves his Lord. Just before I came here to sit at this desk and share this story with you, Sunshine girl came and asked for help because she is doing a bible study. All on her own, without my prodding. And right after supper Butterfly girl was sitting in the middle of the living room, reading a bible story to my Little man as he colored a picture.

Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6

Did I say that this Mama's heart is doing good, as her eyes drink in the beauty that surrounds her.

1 comment:

  1. Too often I also am "fixing to forget about my meek and quiet spirit." I want more and more of the Lord's discernment to check that. Hearing these stories of your children does THIS mama good, too. How precious. Thank you for raising children to know the Lord. Wouldn't we all be blessed immensely if everyone did that?

    ReplyDelete