A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Monday, September 20, 2010

Until The Change Comes

"The true way to live is to enjoy every moment as it passes,
and surely it is in the everyday things around us that the true life lies."
~Laura Ingalls Wilder



The words haven't been around, I don't know what to say. So this place has been lifeless for a few days. And though I've been busy with the everyday things that life holds. The things I find myself doing everyday.
I tend to forget to enjoy every moment.......And I have to be reminded how precious this life, how we only have this one chance to get it right.
I called Mama the other day......I'm anticipating change. 'I can't wait until the leaves change up home. Mama could you send me some again this year?' I miss it so much, the change. When summer burns to fall.

"It'll be a while, they are just starting to turn."

My life longs for change. I've been told that I shouldn't be comfortable where I am. I've learned to embrace change. Because that's what life is, Changing of the seasons.

Just a little something to hold me over until the change takes place. She knew I couldn't wait..... Autumn burns in my soul. I was born in the fall, born into change, brought into the crisp cool air of Indian Summer. Brought into the smells of wood burning and leaves turning. It's a part of me, and she knows this as only a Mama would.

And so I'm gently reminded again to slow down and take it all in. The words won't come, you can't write about life when you forget to live life to the fullest, when you forget to embrace change. 'Thank you Mama, I love them!'
"I knew you couldn't wait, so I thought these might hold you over until the change comes."

To everything there is a season,and a time to every purpose under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

142. Leaves burning with red, yellow and orange
143. Anticipating change
144. Every season
145. Flowers wrapped up in a pretty orange bow
146. My Mama's heart
147. Phone call from my Daddy wishing me a Happy Birthday!
148. Every moment, good or bad


holy experience

2 comments:

  1. Such sweet words and beautiful flowers. I pray that you will sense his presence in the change.
    IN HIM,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counting along with you ... As always a joy to splash in thankfulness all around.

    Splashin,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete