A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Soul Birthday

This little girl.......Well she turns 40 in two more hours. I talked to her Mama tonight and she said this little girl was born at 1:00 a.m. on the 15th of September, 1970.
I remember her just as if it were yesterday, but sometimes.......sometimes I forget she is there waiting to be loved, encouraged and celebrated for whom she is. I often forget that her heart is still fragile and sometimes she may fall. I have to remember to help her up and dust her off.

I sometimes protect her and keep her inside, away from the life I live. Not realizing that I need to share her and let her be a part of my world.

For she is my laughter, my sense of wonder. She has the willingness to trust, the strength to hope and the heart to love unconditionally. She is sometimes the mischief I seem to find myself in. She is the innocence I left far behind. She is the little girl inside of me.

So many people have asked me how I'm handling the big 4-0. Ya know the funny thing is, I welcome it. I'm comfortable with it. Because I am comfortable in who I am. Because a number is just a number. What matters is how I'm living this life. What matters is where I'm going after this life.

Every year my family helps me celebrate my birthday and I am Thankful. But the birthday I truly enjoy more is the birth of my soul. It has been 18 years since the little girl inside of me came to Him on bended knee, weeping.   

People were bringing little children to Jesus to have him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." And he took the children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed them. Mark 10:13-16

I was weeping because I couldn't believe that He did this for me....... died for me, for my sin soaked soul. I didn't deserve it.

No birthday gift has ever come close, none can ever compare to the gift that He has given me. And I uwrap it on every Soul Birthday. I unwrap it every day. Have you unwrapped your Soul birthday Gift?

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment