A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Thursday, September 23, 2010

This Chance To Dance

The music is softly playing, it's just Sweet pea and I dancing. This is her first dance with her Mama.  She won't remember this moment.........but I will.
I've shared this first dance with Gentle Giant, twirled with my Sunshine Girl, swayed with my Butterfly Girl and held tight to my little man, all before her. This first time dance, none of them can remember, not one of them can recall how I shared this special moment with them. Each memory, it's engraved in my mind, etched in my soul.
And as I pull her close and snuggle nose to nose. I hold on oh so tight as if I can keep this moment, make it last long past the hours and minutes that fly. It's hard not to get choked up. I've been here before. These are the moments I cherish, the moments they don't remember.

Somehow I wish that they could. I wish they knew how I use to twirl them around and how I use to snuggle my nose into their chubby little necks. How I use to sing quietly into their ears and they would smile. You could just see the love in their eyes.

Now they are too big to pick up, too big to twirl around..........But I still dance with them when I'm feeling silly, when I want to remember their first dance. And when I pull that memory up from deep within, I'm so thankful, so thankful that I had this chance......... this chance to dance.

149. A Chance To Dance
150. Music
151. Still Dancing

No comments:

Post a Comment