A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Glory Holes Part 2





The emotional highs and lows of a hospital waiting room will take you for a ride if you let them.  I had to go and find a little spot.....to myself.  My mind would wander too much while I listened to everyone's heart being broken. I wanted to hug them all, but I didn't know any of them. I'm sure they would of thought it to be strange, or would they?

I had to stay focused on the positive...........


What I really wanted to do was follow that EXIT sign and pretend that him and I were never here. It was just a simple procedure. Why was I so uneasy?

And it was the volunteers in their Christmas green coats that made me smile. Bringing flowers to loved ones, from loved ones in a wheel chair. Taking time out of their day to make some one happy.


He has been here before......over 20 years ago now, he spent nearly 3 months in a hospital bed like this one. And the memories are still raw. My heart aches for him.

Then complications arise after sugery. It felt like my fears were coming true. So this is what it's like to have to lean hard on my Lord.

This is a first for me. I'm always depending on my man, and now my man has to depend on me. I'm scared I'm not going to be strong enough. Where will I pull my strength from? I don't want him to see me weak......I don't want my kids to know I'm really falling apart inside. It's so hard to keep it together. But I manage only through the grace of God.

As I was pulling into the hospital, Father God gave me the prettiest Glory holes I've ever seen.

And we are in recovery mode now. Not just him, but all of us. The emotions ran high. The hugs and kisses were always given freely, Now they are given more abundantly. We always talk about how fragile life is.  It's easy to talk about. It's not easy to feel the frailness of life.

And this is where I truly learn how to be thankful even for times like this. To look for the blessings even when you don't believe there could possibly be any good that could come from bad. When you think that you couldn't possibly feel any more love than you already do. Father God has a way of proving you wrong. Love grows like the flowers in the spring if you let it. If you allow it. Love conquers all things.

And even though this might not of been real serious, it surely could of. Things have a way of going bad quick. Remember to look for your God given Glory holes and pull your strength from Him. Ya know When I saw those Glory holes as I walked into that hospital I thought He was telling me that  I could take my man home right then. I never thought He was just reminding me of His strength and mercy, that He is always there for me......for you. Sometimes things just don't go as you might have planned them to. Just look for The Glory Holes and pull your strength from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment