A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Door is Always Open

I love history, it was always my favorite subject in school. I believe you can learn a lot from the past.
This little girl from long ago grew up to be the Town Historian of Castile, New York. She also grew up to be my Great Grandmother. I have a lot of fond memories of her as I was growing up. She passed away at the ripe ol age of 96. Visits with her were always special, for she lived in the Historical house in Castile near Letchworth State Park. Oh the History that was in that old house.
On the living room wall hung a Grand Old Father Time clock. I can still hear the haunting chimes ring through my ears today. She would always greet us at the door and we would follow her slow shuffle into the dining room where she always had the table set for company.
One of the things that I guess you could say that she passed down to me was her willingness to have an open door. I often find myself saying My Door is Always Open. And I truly mean that. And just like her, I always try and have a little something for you to eat while your here.
I don't even know if she knew what she was passing on. Did she even think about how her actions would make a difference in my life? As simple as her hospitality may have been, it made a huge impact on me.

Keep on loving eachother as brothers and sisters. Remember to welcome strangers,because some who have done this have welcomed angels without knowing it. Hebrews 13:1-2

13. Homemade bread
14. My great Grandmother
15. An open door
16. Friends at my table

No comments:

Post a Comment