A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Sunday, September 21, 2014

What Do You KNOW?

It's amazing how pieces of the past can stand the test of time. Through the cold and blowing wind. Through the rain and heavy snow. I truly wonder what keeps it there?
 If structures, walls and fences could talk....If they could share what they've seen and heard over the years.
I'm pulled in by the past. It doesn't take much...An old pew, a time warn book, a fence made 100 years ago. Makes me ask questions inside my head. Makes me want to go back in time and watch History in real time.
In History class we talked about Harriet Tubman "The Moses" of her people......Born into slavery. Worked, whipped and beaten by  the age of 6. Sold and resold again.....For most, it was the only way to survive, to stay enslaved.  Were they actually living or just existing?

I told my kids that the slave owners forbid any of their slaves to learn to read and write. I asked them why they thought the slave masters would keep the slaves from learning and one little boy spoke up and said, "Because then they would KNOW something."

All too often we are living as though we are just existing. It's been a slow movement into slavery and we don't even KNOW that we are headed towards a repeat failure.

On the verge of losing her Sovereignty, Sweet America the land of the free, the home of the brave. I still believe there are enough of us here to make a wave. I still believe in HER. But the media drowns out truth and American History is being distorted. Our kids are being tainted and the government is trying to take control of the parents position. And some how we sit here idle as if we are just trying to stay  alive by just existing.

America where is your boldness? Your courage? Where are the Moses' of your people?

I want to tell you that I am doing my part. It may be very small at that, but I am making sure my kids inside this home and outside my home KNOW  true History! That they KNOW her heritage. I want to instill in them that same American strength that led Harriet Tubman through the underground railroad with over 200 slaves. I want them to fight for freedom! I want them to know it's okay to speak your mind even when your standing in the midst of this ever raging storm. If you speak for TRUTH than the TRUTH shall set you free!

Parents get involved with your chidren's schooling. Ask them what they are learning. Ask to see their books and read them! KNOW what is going on inside the walls of their school. BE BOLD! It only takes one Moses to free a thousand slaves.

I don't know about you, but I feel something brewing........And I aim to be on the side of TRUTH. This crazy upside down world where Right is wrong and Wrong is right...I can't sit idly by and just exist. FREEDOM was bought and paid for through CHRIST first and because this Great Nation was born and founded on that very same freedom our American soldiers have laid down there life for no greater cause!

"I freed over a thousand slaves and I would of freed over a thousand more if they only knew they were slaves."

Harriet Tubman
1820-1913
If your looking for true American History Books that have not been distorted keep your eye open I will share with you some great websites and a list of some really good and interesting History Books. Ones that will actually keep your child's attention. Yours too I might add!

No comments:

Post a Comment