A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Friday, April 11, 2014

Fear and Worry: It will shut you in, tie you up and hold you hostage.

I don't know what's just around the next bend. I can't tell you what my tomorrow will be. I can't even tell you if I have tomorrow.



I can get all amped up about how this world seems to be chasing it's tail instead of chasing after a Sovereign God. I can be scared and worry about my children's future....Because to be honest, their future looks quite scary.

I can also tell you there is no such thing as a spirit of fear if Christ be near.....If Christ dwells, there is no fear.

I wanna tell you that what I know is, all that worry we put ourselves through, never brought salvation to no one......Never kept anyone safe. Never helped them out of trouble. Never kept the unforeseen hidden. Can I also tell you that a very wise woman once told me that 99% of the things she worried about NEVER CAME TRUE! And she lived to be 91!

It can cut you up and separate you out. Till all the pieces of your soul are dumped on the floor and your looking at an impossible mess.

Worry and fear can keep you from living life to the fullest extent. It can cause stress, sickness, heart problems (physically and spiritually). It can cause your mind to shut down and consume the largest part of your brain, your day, your life.....It will consume your soul. It will shut you in, tie you up and hold you hostage.

And when your mind is trapped in a prison of fear your heart can't feel. Your heart closes the door to all that God would have for you and you miss out on blessings.....Blessings that were meant for you to share. Because really what this life is all about is LOVE. LOVE is the glue to your broken soul. LOVE makes you whole.

Because He's the reason we're here. He's the GRACE GIVER, The PEACE LOVER, The SOUL CHANGER..........HE IS LOVE.

And Beloved if there is one thing I would want to leave you with tonight it would be this:

May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Ephesians 3:19



No comments:

Post a Comment