A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Let Your Request Be Made Known

Every year, for the last few years around this time, they pack their bags for a hunting trip. My man has a black one. And my son, the one we named Hunter 3 days after he was born,  his is camouflage.

Sitting around the table last night the way we always do at the end of our day, when we break bread together. And Gentle Giant pulls the loose end to start the unraveling. The unraveling of words that had our day all wound up in string. "Mama are you gonna pack lunch for us again this year?" I shrug my shoulders and say I don't know, but inside I'm smiling because I know just what I'm going to make........"Mama aren't you gonna show us that you love us?" I've said that to him before, those same words......"Son that's how I show my love."


He makes his request......"Ma you know those blueberry muffins, the ones with the crumby topping?" In my mind I already started making them. He didn't have to tell me.... I already knew. But isn't it nice, isn't healthy to let me know any way? Isn't that how we grow in love, by communicating our needs, our thoughts.......by pulling on that loose end?

My man, his favorite is oatmeal raisin.......I ask him any way. What would you like. And this is what he says. This is what he always says....."I don't care, it doesn't matter." Easy to please, but I know what makes him happy. I didn't have to ask....... I already knew.
And the God/Man knows what your thinking. He hears your heart. He holds your soul, if you ask Him. In any good relationship, in any strong family, what makes strong ties are words of request, praise, encouragement and yes even frustration...... God knows everything even before you speak it, but He wants you to speak it. He wants you to talk to Him. He wants you to trust Him. He wants a relationship........

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  Phlippians 4:6-7

I am walking in GRACE with Ann today.

1 comment:

  1. This really ministered to me. Sometimes families forget to pull that string to unwind....thank you.

    ReplyDelete