A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Their American Heritage Depends On It

The older I get the more I cling to moments like this....And I find the older I get the more I cling to, hold tight to the one who paid the ultimate price.....The one who has no greater love than to lay down His life for His friends.....for me.
When I was in my youth I remember being taught, being told how important our freedom is. Being patriotic wasn't a phase it was a way of life. It was learning how to be grateful for the ones who gave it all. So we could have days like this......

Care free days in the sun. Dancing in our bare feet, playing games of yesteryear. There are two People that I get really emotional about and have great respect for.....The very first is my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  The other is The American Soldier
And my heart aches today because patriotism is sadly becoming a thing of the past. Parents are too busy...don't take the time to teach their children Our American Heritage. And to be honest most parents don't even know our American Heritage.....This Blessed Nation began with God. She was built...Her very foundation is the rock of Salvation.  Her saving grace? Is the one who gave it all
The freedom we so ungratefully take for granted is passing us by and will be forgotten history. And it's all because "WE THE PEOPLE" have chosen to bury the past, forget our heritage and let others make decisions for us. The reason America is so great is because we still have freedom through Jesus Christ and we can sleep in peace at night because of the Son and the American Soldier.

You don't have to agree with me. In fact I encourage you to dig through our American heritage and the factual documents. Find out for your self why the hand of God has been this nation's Saving Grace. Go to http://www.wallbuilders.com/ Please take the time to teach your kids what it means to be an American, to live in the land of the free. Teach them what it really means to be free......Let them know the cost of this freedom. Let them know how very important it is that we keep this nation under GOD. Their Heritage depends on it..........

Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.
 John 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment