A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

To Be One Who Follows Through

"Mama, when we start school are you gonna follow through?" The words ring hard in my ears. Because I know them to be true. I always start out strong. I have so many wonderful ideas. So many plans of all the great projects we are going to be doing. I can't get bitter, I can't be mad at her. She is right, I don't follow through. The books are all lined up.............
Planners are waiting to be filled, supplies are waiting to be used. Am I gonna follow through? Will I teach them what they need to know? Will patience come sit with us at the table? I start out strong, but then end up only doing what needs to be done. Only what we need to do to get by. No extras, no bells, no whistles, nothing to get them excited about learning. Nothing to keep them wanting more.
The floor has been swept, things have been organized, we even threw some things away. But am I going to follow through? Am I gonna take the time to read to them about far away lands, And about this land that I love? Am I gonna follow through with all of those science experiments they have been begging me to do? Is this year going to be the best year ever?
My heart wants to follow through. My mind says I should. I've even prayed about it. I'm certainly not proud of my middle of the year slumps I fall into; that I allow them to fall into.
I'm so thankful that He followed through........That He took our punishment, He took what was meant for us. Sometimes I wonder who is teaching who?  And who is learning more? Them or I? And it dawns on me...... they are learning. They are learning what's important, what's most important. They have learned that He followed through and it was finished.

This year with God's help, the one who follows through; I'm going to take my every day ordinary life, my sleeping, my eating, going to work, and walking around life- and place it before God as an offering. I am going to embrace what God has for me because it is the best thing I can do for Him.  I will not become so well adjusted to my culture that I would fit in to it without even thinking. Instead I am going to fix my attention on God, and He will change me from the inside out.

These things I most desire:
Loving
Patient
Kind
Motivated
Consistant
To Be One who Follows Through

No comments:

Post a Comment