A place of encouragement:

Living By Faith, Walking in the Light, Saved By His Amazing Grace

Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Evergreen, God's Tree

I could live in a forest of pine trees and be completely happy. I've been smelling pine needles all day. Sticky sap all over my hands and loving every minute of it. There is just something about the evergreen, the fragrance alone makes me swoon.......
The Evergreen represents Eternal life.
It's Triangular shape represents The Trinity: Father, Son and The Holy Ghost.
The lights represent the stars in the Sky
The Star on the very top represents the star of Bethlehem.
The Christmas Tree began over in Germany. There was a monk in the 7th century that had used the triangular shape of the fir tree to describe the Trinity. He came from Devonshire to teach the Word of God. The people there began to revere the Evergreen as God's Tree. By the 12th century it was being hung, upside down, from ceilings at Christmas time, in Central Europe, as a symbol of Christianity.

In the early 16th century it is said that Martin Luther decorated a small Christmas tree with candles, to show his children how the stars twinkled through the dark night.
Tell me the story of Jesus, write on my heart every word...... And some people call it religion. I call it LOVE. I call it LIGHT in this dark world. I call it a way of LIFE....The only way to LIFE EVERLASTING. It's nothing you can do. It's already been done for you.......

This tree that you put up every year, what does it mean  to you? Other than lights and ornaments from Christmas' past, Why put it up? Why celebrate? Why go through the motions if you have no known reason? What is your purpose? And where does it lead you every year? Does it lead you HOME?
And I've come to the conclusion as to why I love these trees so much.....The smell alone makes me feel safe and secure. I love these trees so much because they are "God's Trees"....... The perfect symbol to celebrate the coming of a King......to celebrate everlasting life.......And if certain smells could whisk you away to another place in time, I believe the smell of the pine brings me home...Home to that babe in the manger....Home, where His Grace covers me white as the fallen snow.......Home, underneath the light of Bethlehem's star.......Home, to heaven's child......

The Great "I am."

No comments:

Post a Comment